The following are just a few of the materials available from the IAE website.
Validity and Credibility of Information
- New: Moursund, D. & Sylwester, R., eds. (10/9/2015). Validity and credibility of information. Eugene, OR: Information Age Education. Download a free Microsoft Word file from http://i-a-e.org/downloads/free-ebooks-by-dave-moursund/275-validity-and-credibility-of-information/file.html. Download a free PDF file from http://i-a-e.org/downloads/free-ebooks-by-dave-moursund/277-validity-and-credibility-of-information-2/file.html.
This 87 page book is for teachers, parents, and others interested in K-12 improving education. It is based on 17 recent IAE Newsletters. The overarching message is that students need to learn to identify, access, understand, and use valid, credible information. You can get the pdf file here: Validity-and-Credibility-of-Information.
Brain Science for Educators and Parents
- New: The book’s ten chapters provide brief introductions to a wide range of topics relevant to K-12 teachers and their students, teachers of preservice and inservice teachers, and parents. Get the pdf here: Brain-Science-for-Educators-and-Parents
- This link to IAE http://iae-pedia.org/Brain_Science includes additional information and resources for further exploration, including an annotated list of about 50 videos that help cover the content of the book.
Learning Problem-solving Strategies by Using Games
- This free book is written for people who are interested in helping children improve their problem solving skills through use of games. The goal is to help students of all ages get better at problem solving “across the curriculum.” In teaching about problem solving, the book draws on both off-computer and on-computer games.The intended audience includes teachers, parents and grandparents, and all others who want to learn more about how games can be effectively used in education. The book includes a number of activities for preservice and inservice teachers, and a number of activities to use with K-12 students.
- See http://iae-pedia.org/Learning_Problem-solving_Strategies_by_Using_Games:_A_Guide_for_Educators_and_Parents
IAE Newsletter-based Books
- There are six books available that have been based on IAE Newsletter materials. These books may be retrieved here: IAE Newsletter-based Books